To amend a posted entry in cash receipts that was incorrectly dated:
Enter a zero debit memo in Sales Entry and Editing go to:
A/R, Task 1 Sales entry & editing
Sub-task 1 Enter (ADD) new sales
The important/necessary fields are listed below, in bold, with the number of characters in parenthesis.
- 01. Invoice # :_____(6) Numeric. Assign an invoice number that is out of the range of the system generated invoice or CM numbers.
- 02. Inv date:______(6) Enter the same incorrect date as on the incorrect cash/receipts posting.
- 04. Division#:__(2)
05. Sale type:_(1) “5” – debit memo
- The system will prompt: “Check for duplicate credit memo or debit memo?”.
- Answer Y
06. Customer # :______(6)
NOTE: This is a zero debit memo, no amounts will be entered on this screen.
15. Apply to: Press enter key so the debit memo will be applied to itself.
Enter key until at field 1 Invoice #. If more than one debit memo is needed, enter the next zero debit memo.
- First Screen:
Still in Task 1 Sales entry & editing, go to sub-task 4 Print Sales edit list. Make sure all of your entries are correct.
Still in Task 1 Sales entry & editing, go to sub-task 5 Post sales records to A/R files. Save posting register. Say YES to “Posting of Sales header Records OK?”
- The important/necessary fields are listed below, in bold, with the number of characters in parenthesis.
- Sub-task 1 Enter (ADD) new sales
Go to task 3 (Change Apply-To #’s)
- Type in the customer #, then the payment #. Apply the incorrectly dated payments to the zero debit memo just posted. The new apply to # will be the zero debit memo #.
Accounts Receivable (Task 2)
Cash Receipts Entry & Editing (Task 2)
Enter New Cash Record (Sub-task 1)
- Use the identical information from the original entry, except the check/cash amount needs to be negative.
- Use the same incorrect date as well. This entry effectively zeroes out the original entry.
- On the second screen, type in the zero debit memo # posted in step 1. The negative amount will need to be applied to the zero debit memo.
Still in Task 2 Cash/receipts entry & editing, go to sub-task 4 Print cash edit list. Make sure your amounts are all negative and the dates are the incorrect date.
Still in Task 2 Cash/receipts entry & editing, go to sub-task 5 Post cash records to A/R files. Save the cash posting register. Answer YES to “Posting of Cash header Records OK?”
- Enter New Cash Record (Sub-task 1)
- Cash Receipts Entry & Editing (Task 2)
A/R, Task 32 System management functions,
- Sub-task 4 Clear paid inv.’s from A/R open. This should be done very carefully.
- Special purge of $0 only? N
- Please enter document cut-off date: type in the incorrect date
Please enter – starting & ending customer #: type in the customer # with the incorrect cash/receipt date.
- This will clear ALL correctly applied documents on this customer’s account up until this incorrect date.
- Back out of system management.
- In A/R, go into Task 27 customer inquiry. Bring up the customer’s account. Look at the detail screens. The incorrectly dated negative & positive cash/receipts & the zero debit memo should be cleared off of the account.
A/R, Task 2 Cash/Receipts entry & editing
- Sub-task 1 Enter (ADD) new cash. Enter the transactions with the correct date & apply them to the correct invoices as a normal cash entry & posting.