This task is used to automatically distribute vendor charges to various General Ledger accounts. For example, a telephone bill needs to be distributed to various departments based on usage: sales – 60%; warehouse – 15%; administration – 25%. Go to:
Accounts Payable (Module 3)
Distribution Template (Task 23)
- Enter New Template Record (Sub-task 1)
- Distribution Template (Task 23)
01. Code/Name : TELE (4 characters – alphanumeric)
02. Description : Telephone (20 characters – alphanumeric)
(below - fields on the left are for up to 9 GL accounts; right side is the distribution %)
03. G/L account :741-01 04. Dist% xx.xx :60.00
05. G/L account :741-02 06. Dist% xx.xx :15.00
07. G/L account :741-04 08. Dist% xx.xx :25.00
09. G/L account : - 10. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
11. G/L account : - 12. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
13. G/L account : - 14. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
15. G/L account : - 16. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
17. G/L account : - 18. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
19. G/L account : - 20. Dist% xx.xx :0.00
NOTE: The distribution CODE cannot be the G/L account #. For the example above the CODE can’t be 7410.
Once the template is set up, go to the Vendor Master File (Task 17 in AP) and proceed to Field #37 – Default G/L. Press the F1 key to see a list of template codes and descriptions using either the description or * for all the template names. Select the appropriate code by using a 1 or Y (for Yes).
When a voucher is entered for that vendor, the appropriate GL accounts (along with the right division number) and the designated percentages of the total voucher will be allocated automatically. Note: the GL numbers and the dollar amount can be changed, if necessary, while in Voucher Entry and Editing.