Erase Customer Contract Item records
Order Processing (Module 6)
Customer Contract item file (Task 21)
- Delete existing Contract record (Sub-task 3) delete one contract item record at a time. Contact us for password options for this sub-task.
- Erase selected Contract records (Sub-task 5). Contact us for password options for this sub-task.
Print selected Contract records (Sub-task 4)
- The questions below are asked when using the Print & Erase sub-task #’s 4 & 5; with the exception of “Are you sure you want to erase old records?” and “Print purged records?”; these two questions aren’t asked when using sub-task 4 Print.
- It is recommended to first print a report (using sub-task 4) of what you think you want to erase PRIOR to erasing, to verify these are really the customer contract item records needed to be erased.
“Purge/print invalid customer/ship-to/items only?”
- By answering Yes to this question you can print/purge the customer contract item records which don’t have valid customer #, a valid alternate ship-to record, or valid item #’s.
- By typing in a starting & ending expiration date, records can be erased which expired years ago, i.e. starting date 01/01/03, ending date 12/31/06.
- The purge can be further limited, by typing in starting & ending customer # or starting & ending of any of the selections.
- Customer Contract item file (Task 21)
Are you sure you want to erase old records? (YES/NO)
Printer selection screen
Print customer names on report? (Y/N)
Please enter – starting customer route:
- ending customer route:
Please enter – starting contract expiration date:
- ending contract expiration date:
Purge invalid customer/ship-to/items only? (Y/N) Purge contracts only when a matching master record is invalid.
Include item history quantity & dollars for a date range? (Y/N) Increases run time, applies only to item # contracts, show last sale date.
Print report by: 1) item # / class / code / customer number / alternate #.
2) customer number / alternate # / item #/ class / code.
Depending on which # was selected 1 or 2 it will ask:
Please enter – starting item #/class/code:
- ending item #/class/code:
Please enter – starting customer #:
- ending customer #:
Please enter – starting alternate #:
- ending alternate #:
Print purged records?
Erasing Customer contract item records while purging A/R customer records:
- Account Receivable (Module 2)
- Sales analysis (Task 10)
- Sales analysis by customer number for all months SACUSN (Sub-task 1)
- This report has the option of deleting inactive customers from the A/R customer master and it will also delete the customer’s contract item records.
- Contact us to add or remove the password when printing this report & using this option to delete customers
Deleting Customer contract item records while importing a spreadsheet:
- Order Processing (Module 6)
- System management functions (Task 32)
Update/create contracts by file (Sub-task 13). See document Customer Contract File - Import.
- When importing a spreadsheet to update customer contract item records, the last column is a place holder with an X. If this X column has the word DELETE instead of the X it will delete the customer contract item record.
NOTE: It is recommended to contact us to have your customer contract item file copied before erasing.