- When a report, edit list or posting journal is printed, the printer screen comes up.
- Each time something is sent to the printer it has a report file name (such as R00013.PRT in example below) which is assigned by the Profits Plus system.
- The printer screen also indicates the title of the report.
Following are the fields listed on the left side of the screen - followed by the number of spaces per field in parenthesis:
1.Printer #: __ (2) ‑ The number of the printer that the report/edit/posting will go to.
- Press the TAB key to get a list of the printers that can be used (note the far right side of the printer description. s denotes that the print will be small, and x denotes that the report will not fit) Enter the printer number into this field.
- Or press the F2 key to set Default Preferences. (note: the ‘preferences’ are set for each specific terminal) There are 2 prompts that allow the user to keep the “preferences” always the same, keep the same for just ‘this’ reports, ask for printer number each time, etc. Prompt #1. For this specific report, I want the "Printer" field to: Prompt #2. But for most other reports, I want the "Printer" field to default to:
2. Num Copies: ___(3) ‑ Enter the number of copies needed - the default is 1. Press the F2 key to set Default Preferences (similar to field #1 – Printer)
3. Form Type: NORMAL ‑ This field is normally left alone, unless notified by our programmers. Press the F2 key to set Default Preferences (similar to field #1 – Printer)
4. Delete Rpt: ___(3) ‑ Default is YES, the computer will delete the print file after it is done printing it. Press the F2 key to set Default Preferences (similar to field #1 – Printer)
5. Spool Rpt: ___(3) - Default it YES, options are YES, NO, VUE, PRE or EXP (note: only the first letter of each option needs to be entered, instead of typing out the entire code. i.e. enter “p” for PREview.
- YES means to send the report/edit/posting to the printer.
- NO means to write the report/edit/posting to a disk file instead.
- VUE will put the report/edit/posting on the screen. NOTE: A posting should ALWAYS be printed.
- PRE to preview the print to screen – similar to VUE except column titles appear.
- EXP to export the report to an outside program (i.e. Excel). See document titled: Exporting Data from Profits Plus for more information on exporting data.
Press the F2 key to set Default Preferences (similar to field #1 – Printer)
6. Lines/Page:__(3) - Default is 57 ‑ This is another field that should be left alone - it will change depending on the printer selected in field #1.
7. Page Width: ___(3) - Default is132 ‑ This also should be left alone - it will change depending on the printer selected in field #1.
8. Company name: (40) This will default to the company name. This is the name that prints on the top of the report. However, it can be changed.
9. Requested by: ____(16) Information that will print under the Company Name from field #8. Purpose: if a variety of people request reports, some of which print automatically at night, it is easy to distribute the reports because the name of the “requester” is printed at the top of the report. Press the F2 key to set Default Preferences (similar to field #1 – Printer)