This document explains how to email and export an A/R Aged Trial balance, the G/L Trial balance and the A/P Aged Trial balance in a spreadsheet format.
For this example the G/L Trial balance will be e-mailed in a spreadsheet format.
General Ledger (Module 4)
G/L Trial Balance (Task 9)
- Ranges: Make appropriate selections
- Print Options: No to detail, Yes to print zero balance accounts, Single spaced, Acct # order.
- Totals: No to the totals options.
- NOTE: This report won’t work if detail is needed because the account subtotals are in the same column as the date and other columns are merged. An option for e-mailing detail is to e-mail the G/L Trial balance with detail in a PDF format. Another option for detail is to export Task #20 - YTD Master.
On the printer selection screen:
- Field #1 Printer: TAB key for list of printers and select the printer for e-mailing raw text for exporting, examples for this printer can be EMEXEX or EMEXPO
- Field #5 Spool Rpt: EXP
The report will preview on the screen. Type: PRINT
The system will prompt for the e-mail information:
The next screen prompts:
Do you want to edit the above email message? It defaults to “N”, so just press the ENTER key. The e-mailed report will now be sent to you. Open up the e-mail and save the attached text file on your desktop.
- G/L Trial Balance (Task 9)
Bring up Excel and open the file from your desktop. The Text Import Wizard comes up on the screen.
- Click NEXT for Step 1. Check the default column settings in the automatic wizard during the open to make sure they line up well with the dollar amounts.
- Then click NEXT for Step 2.
- Click FINISH on step 3.
Expand the columns, add headers & Save as an .xls. It can then be treated as any other Excel spreadsheet…..put in subtotals, move columns, etc.