This document explains the document types and how to print multiple copies of each type of document.
Document types are: 1=Sales & B/O (new orders)
2=Sales & B/O (new orders)
3=Shop (work orders)
4=Warehouse (picking tickets) / OR WALT'invoice
To set the number of copies, per document type, go to:
Order Processing (Module 6)
System Management Functions (Task 32)
Modify Parameter Files (Sub-task 22)
- O/E General (Selection 1)
- Modify Parameter Files (Sub-task 22)
- System Management Functions (Task 32)
Look for the following parameter:
The first 6 positions, after the equal sign, equate to the document type (i.e. 1st position is for 1=Sales & B/O (new orders); 4th position is for 4=Warehouse (picking tickets), etc.) The first 6 positions each can have a value of 1 to 9 to print from 1 to 9 copies.
Blank =No additional copies and no copy text
111111=Just one copy, but DO use copy 1 text
xxxxxx=x total copies & use copy text’s accordingly
From the example above New or backordered sales orders (#1 and 2), work orders and picking tickets (#3 and 4) would print one copy; whereas shippers (#5) would have 2 copies and invoices (#6) would have 3 copies.
Ø Therefore with the parameter being set to: =111113, 3 invoice copies are going to print for invoices (because Accounting/Invoices type is the 6th slot).
Ø If the parameter was set this way: =111112, 2 copies of the invoice will print.
Ø If the parameter was set this way: =111123, 2 copies of shippers and 3 copies of invoices will print.
After the 6 document type numeric characters for # of copies, other options may be specified:
C-check customer record for additional copies for 'Accounting' invoices.
- A/R (Module 2), Customer master (Task 1), field 49 Add invoices: specifies customer additional copies to print. Omitting the C from this parameter & it won’t check the A/R customer master for additional copies.
S- look at the type of printer for # of copies to print.
- S = For non-SHEET printers it forces # of copies to 111111 (for multi-part pre-printed forms)
S = SHEET fed printers (lasers) it reads # of copies to print from this parameter
- This allows you to have a mixture of sheet feed (laser eform) & multi-part (pre-printed forms) used simultaneously.
- OMITTING S - from this parameter means # of copies applies to ALL printers.
- D:x-where x is the # of copies to print for deposits
- Q:x-where x is # of copies for quotes. This is only needed if you want a different # copies for quotes and backorders because they share departments 1 & 2. Otherwise quotes use std positions 1 & 2 above.
- With this example, the 6th character is a 3, so the sheet fed (laser) printers will print 3 invoice copies.
- But a NON-sheet feed printer will print only one invoice copy.
- Also, if an A/R customer master file record has additional copies in field 49, that customer will get additional copies printed.
- With this example, D:1 = deposits print only 1 copy
- Q:3 = quotes print 3 copies
The text lines for each copy of each document type can be different; this means there is a maximum of 54 text lines (6 document types X 9 copies):
Look for the parameters:
DOC'DPT6'COPY1=Customer Copy (as an example)
DOC'DPT6'COPY2=Sales Copy (as an example)
DOC'DPT6'COPY3=Office Copy (as an example)
Ø DPT6 indicates the 6th document type, which is Accounting(Invoices)
Ø DOC’DPT6’COPY1=Customer Copy, indicates the first copy of the invoice will print “Customer Copy” on the bottom of the invoice.
Ø DOC’DPT6’COPY2=Sales Copy, indicates the second copy of the invoice will print “Sales Copy” on the bottom of the invoice.
Ø DOC’DPT6’COPY3=Office Copy, indicates the third copy of the invoice will print “Office Copy” on the bottom of the invoice.
Ø If these parameters were left blank, nothing would print at the bottom of the invoice copies.
Note: Only those copy text lines being used would need to be setup.
Set # of copies per division or per printer:
To set the # of copies for one division, one printer or all the printers at one division go into:
Software maintenance module
System printers (Task 22)
- Change existing Printer record (Sub-task 2)
- Type in the 6 character printer name or Press TAB key for a list of printers. Select the desired printer.
- Go to field 13 Notes: add in
- The logic for this in the notes field follows the same logic in the parameter explained above PRINT’DOC’COPIES=
- An F at the end of this string will be needed to force the # of copies for each document type, for this printer.
- No F at the end of this string will be needed to ADD (instead of force) the # of copies to the normal parameter copies.
- An H on the end of this string pertains to history copies & the parameter HISTORY'COPIES=
- System printers (Task 22)