PRICE BASED ON CONTRACT PRICING - (specific customer and specified item or items grouped by Product Code or Report Class)
· Accounts Receivable (Module 2)
o Customer Master (Task 17)
§ Contract ? N/Y/C (Field 42)
N - No contract pricing; Y - Contract pricing for a specified ship-to #; C - Contract pricing for all the ship-to #s associated with the customer.
· Order Processing (Module 6)
o Alternate Ship-to File (Task 19)
§ Contract? N/Y/C (Field 16)
NOTE: An "N" here will mean that this Ship-to # will not get contract pricing. This field overrides the "Contract" setting on field 42 of the Customer Master.
ALSO NOTE: Before beginning the setup of a Contract Item record, proceed to Order Entry & Editing (Task 1), Enter New/Change Existing Order (Sub-task 1): fill in the information on the first screen only and the cursor will be at the Any Change? prompt. Just beneath the prompt, in reverse video, there should be: F1-Shipping, F3-Address Change and F4-Contracts. If the F4 is NOT there, contact us - via fax: 248 583-4110 - and inform them. This indicates that the programming for Contract Pricing was not installed with your software.
· Order Processing (Module 6)
o Customer Contract Item File (Task 21)
01. Customer #:______ Customer number who the Contract Pricing is for, customer MUST be coded with a "Y" or "C" to get Contract Pricing - see field 42 of the Customer Master (Task 17 in A/R).
02. Alt Ship-to#:______ Enter the specific "ship-to" number that the Contract Pricing is for, if the pricing is for all the ship-to's then enter 00000.
03. Contract Key:____________ The specific item number, report class, product code or price group. Search with the TAB key.
· Report Class* is setup in the Inventory module; System Mgt. Functions(Task 32); Modify Application Table(Sub-task 17); Report Class(Option 2). It is placed on field #21 in the Item Master (Task 17)
· Product Code* is setup in the Inventory module; System Mgt. Functions(Task 32); Modify Application Table(Sub-task 17); Product Code (Option 3). It is placed on field #23 in the Item Master (Task 17)
· Price Group* is setup in the Inventory module; System Mgt. Functions(Task 32); Modify Application Table (Sub-task 17); Special Categories (Option 17). It is place on field #34 in the Item Master (Task 17)
04.Cust/Item#:________________ Customer's item number, if it is different from yours. Example: customer orders your item XER-144, but they always refer to the item as X44. Note: See bottom of document for another example of how this field can be used.
05. Type ($ / %/T):_
· $ - Specific dollar amount - can only be used with specific item, not with items grouped by report class, product code or price group
· % - Percentage discount off of the Price Level (fields 11 - 19 on Item Master) indicated below in field 7
· T – Table. This selection will take the user to another screen where a specific discount table can be set up for this customer & this item/product code/report class.
Ø On the second screen, field 13 prompts the Discount Break – either by Quantity or Dollar
Ø Field 14 prompts on whether this contract record break will be by percentage (%), the price level on the Item Master (L) or a specific dollar amount ($).
Ø Field 15 prompts whether this contract record will be Fixed or Cumulative (a.k.a. Step Pricing)
06. Price / Disc:___________
· If $ was entered in field 5, enter the actual dollar amount
· If % was entered in field 5, enter the percent amount that will be used for the discount.
07. Price Level:_________________
· If $ was entered in field 5, this field will be skipped.
· If % was entered in field 5, indicate the Price Level that the percent discount will be applied to.
· NOTE: to force a different Price Level than the customer normally gets (i.e. for items in Product Code 1, the customer gets Price Level 2, however for a specific item or items grouped by a Report Class the customer gets a Price Level 1) accomplish this by entering % in field 5 (Type); a 0 in field 6 (Price/Disc); and enter the new Price Level for the item(s) indicated in the Contract record in field 7 (Price Level).
08. Exp Date:________ MMDDYY - no dashes or slashes. Enter an expiration date. If there is no expiration date, leave blank.
09. Commissions:_______ Not functional at this time.
10. Ref Mark:__ Used to indicate that a footnote exists for the item
11. Application_ O or S - the default is O. If a Discount (field 5) is used, should the discount be applied during (O) Order Entry or at the time the (S) Statement is printed?
12. Allow EOM: ________ Y or N - the default is N. If selected Y, a special end of the month discount is added when the statements (FORSTM) is run.
* On the Item Master record (Task 17 in the Inventory Module) field 28 - Net priced? MUST be set to "N" if using Report Class, Product Codes or Price Groups. This means groups of items may be given a special contract price/discount but net priced items (items set with a "Y", instead of a "N") will be automatically excluded.
O/E - General parameter file (System Mgt Functions - Task 32; Modify Parameters Files - Sub-task 22; O/E General - Option 1)
GRP'CIX'ITM=B ; Do you want Contract pricing to override the
; normal pricing or discount IN ADDITION TO
; normal pricing (which may include line item
; quantity discounts, group discounts, etc...)
; Y-Yes Contract always OVERRIDES normal $
; B-Both allowed if contract is % off normal.
Another Way to Use Contract Pricing:
For example: a Customer normally gets a Group Discount for a group of items (see the document titled: Price Based on Group Discount for information), however for a few items that belong in the Report Class(es) that the Group Discount table is set up for, this is not the case.
To make the process easier set up another item identical to the item that the discount won't be given on - i.e. original item is 120-100, the new item could be named 120-100ND (ND standing for Non Discount). The by setting up a Contract Record for the customer, in field 3 enter the new number - 120100ND (enter without the dashes) and in field 4 enter the original number - 120-100.
What is being accomplished is when the item 120-100 is entered on an order in Order Processing, the system will look to item 120-100ND for the pricing.