An easy way to monitor contract records is to print a report based on the expiration date of the contract record.
Each month a customer contract item file needs to be printed based on the expiration date. Go to:
Order Processing (Module 6)
Customer contract item file (Task 21)
- Print selected contract records (Sub-task 4)
- Make printer screen selections
- Print customer names on report (Y/N)? Y
- Please enter – starting customer route: enter key for ALL
- Please enter – starting contract expiration date: If looking at contracts which expire 90 days out, use a date 90 days out. For example, it is December 27th the starting & ending expiration date would be 03/31/XX. (The end of January the starting & ending date would be April 30th.)
- Print invalid customer / ship-to / items only (Y/N): N
Include item history quantity & dollars for a date range (Y/N): N Yes increases run time & it only applies to item # contracts, not report class, product code or price code contracts. This also shows last sale date.
- If Y was answered to include item history, Please enter starting & ending item history sold date range.
- Print report by: 2) Customer number / alternate # / item # / class / code.
- Please enter – starting customer number: enter key for ALL
- Please enter – starting alternate #: enter key for ALL
- Please enter – starting item # / class / code: enter key for ALL
- Page break by customer (Y/N)? Do you want each customer on a separate page?
This report can be used to contact the customer & negotiate new contracts.
Updating of the contract records can be accomplished using:
System Management functions (Task 32)
- Change contract $ & expirations
- Update/create contracts by file
- Replicate contracts by customer
Replicate contracts by item
- Please read all the information screens in these sub-tasks and any online documents for these sub-tasks.
NOTE: Before using any of these update programs contact us so a copy of your Customer contract item file can be made.