When a customer has multiple alternate ship-to records, customer contract prices/discounts can be created for a specific alternate ship-to record.
If a customer has special prices/discounts for one job an alternate ship-to record can be created for the job and then customer contract prices/discounts can be created for the specific alternate ship-to.
STEP 1 Create the Alternate ship-to:
Alternate shipping locations are added in:
Order Processing (Module 6)
- Alternate Ship-to File (Task 19)
· Make sure this customer doesn’t have an alternate ship-to record of zero 00000. (When opening an order in order entry for this customer the system will display all the alternate ship-to records for the customer. At that time the correct alternate ship-to record can be selected. If the customer has an alternate ship-to # of 0 zero, it will automatically be selected on all orders for the customer. So no other alternate ship-to records will be displayed for use on the order.)
· If the customer has an alternate ship-to record of 0 zero, it will need to be deleted and re-entered with a different alternate ship-to #.
- Enter new ship-to record (Sub-task 1)
01. Customer# ______ The main Customer number
02. Shipto#______The Ship-to number Do not use 0 if there are multiple shipping locations.
03 through 09. Enter the name and address for this ship-to. The name may be the job name.
10. Phone_________ Telephone number
11. Fax #__________Fax Number
12. Slsperson _____ Salesperson number, only if different from customer master salesperson #.
13. Contact___________Person who is the contact at this Alternate Ship-to site
14. Ship via __ Pre-defined code
15. Ship route__Pre-defined code
16. Contract ? Y/N/C Does this alternate ship-to use Contract pricing? If it has it’s own individual pricing, answer Y.
17. P.O. # _______Enter if a blanket PO number is used.
18: State Tax__ If taxable, enter Y; if non-taxable enter the exempt code from the pre-defined table.
19 through 21: 3 Tax Zones available for this ship-to
STEP 2 Create Customer contract item file prices/discounts:
Customer contract item prices/discounts are added in:
Order Processing (Module 6)
- Customer contract item file (Task 21)
01. Customer #:______ Customer number who the Contract Pricing is for, customer MUST be coded with a "C" or “Y” to get Contract Pricing - see field 42 of the Customer Master (Task 17 in A/R).
02. Alt Ship-to#:______ Enter the specific "ship-to" number that the Contract Pricing is for, created in step 1 above. After creating customer contract item records for a specific alternate ship-to #, when the alternate ship-to # is selected in order entry, the contract prices/discounts will be applied to the order.
03. See the document Customer Contract File - Pricing for instructions on entering customer contract items.
STEP 3 Choose the alternate ship-to record on an order:
· Order Processing (Module 6)
· Order entry & editing (Task 1)
· Enter new/change existing order (Sub-task 1) Create a new order for the customer. After entering the customer, select the alternate ship-to record created in step 1. The customer contract item prices/discounts created in step 2 should automatically be on the order.
NOTE: Accounts Receivable (Module 2), Customer Master (Task 17), field 42 MUST be coded with a "C" or “Y”to get Contract Pricing.